Spark Young Writers groups are writing groups for children and young people interested in any kind of creative writing.
We meet monthly, during term time, across the West Midlands.
Each group is:
- fun! We laugh a lot during the sessions
- friendly and informal
- small – max. 15 children
- led by a professional writer along with an assistant
- varied – your child will do all kinds of writing, from fiction to poetry to playwriting
- working on creative writing rather than spelling or punctuation
- a chance for your child to develop their creative writing
- a way to grow their confidence in their writing
- not assessed – your child will get feedback and suggestions, but no “grades” or “attainment levels” are given
Please visit: https://www.sparkwriters.org/spark-young-writers-groups/ to book for this year.
Spark Young Writers groups meet monthly from September to June (10 sessions a year), for 2 hours on a Saturday.
Please contact the office if you would like to discuss other options for payment – we have free places available for those in financial need. Please email Emma Boniwell if you have any questions. For full details of eligibility, please see our Bursary policy.